The Selection for the Program
To be considered for selection into the program, the applicant must be:
· 16-18 years of age at the time of entry into the Program. Participants will not exceed 18 years of age on the 1st day of the class they are applying for.
· no longer attending any school and has not received a secondary school diploma or certificate from a program of equivalency for such diploma OR if attending high school, the applicant must withdraw or transfer to ChalleNGe.
· a citizen or legal resident of the United States.
· unemployed, or underemployed.
· not currently on parole or probation for other than juvenile status offenses, not awaiting sentencing, and not under indictment, charged, or convicted of a crime that is considered a felony when charged as an adult.
· Drug Free by Day 40. Students will be drug screened and must be free from use of illegal drugs or substances.
· physically and mentally capable of participating in the Program with reasonable accommodation for physical and other disabilities.
The District of Columbia Capital Guardian Youth ChalleNGe Academy serves unemployed or underemployed 16-18 year old youth who have withdrawn or have dropped out of high school, without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, gender identity (including gender expression), sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, family/parental status, income derived from a public assistance program, political beliefs, or reprisal or retaliation for prior civil rights activity
If you would like more information on District of Columbia Youth ChalleNGe Academy, please fill out the following form, and an Admissions Representative will contact you.